- Bosch Active Line Plus electric drivetrain for more torque and smoother acceleration
- Updated frame design, with a reclining battery for a lower center of gravity and better ride
- Integrated Atlas Rack works seamlessly with Thule Yepp Maxi and Nexxt Maxi child seats—no adapters needed
- Resizes in seconds to fit riders 147 – 195 cm (4’10” – 6’5”) so a single bike can be shared by the family
- Fits easily on buses, subways, and taxis for electric multi-modal commuting
- Stores under a desk for convenient theft protection; no need to bring a heavy lock
For an exceptional ride
Tern helps people live bike-centrically, whether commuting to work, transporting families, or setting off on adventures. Check out the patented technologies responsible for our unique portability and incredible ride.
1. Postpump 2.0 Seatpost - This award-winning full-size pump stows in your seatpost so it’s always ready when you need it.
2. DoubleTruss Technology - Our DoubleTruss frame design creates a torsionally stiff 3D structure that’s light and elegant.
3. OCL Joint - Our state-of-the-art folding joint is strong, stiff, and engineered to withstand years of hard use.
4. Physis 3D Handlepost - With five separate patents, our massively stiff handlepost virtually eliminates flex while you ride.
5. Andros Stem - Our Andros stem lets you adjust for height and reach—in seconds—to find your perfect riding position.
6. VRO Stem - Custom built for Tern by Syntace, this incredibly light stem adjusts anywhere from -45 to +90 degrees.
7. Valo Lights - Our 41 lux, 150 lumens dynamo or battery-powered lights integrate perfectly in Tern cockpits.
8. Joule 3 - The Joule 3 dynamo hub boasts class-leading efficiency, and gives you power when and wherever you need it.
9. Kinetix Pro X - Kinetix Pro X components are the pinnacle of folding bicycle engineering.
10. N-Fold Technology - Tern bikes fold small in 10 seconds thanks to N-Fold Technology.
Motor Drive System
The Bosch Active Line Drive System sets a new standard with an award-winning and lightweight design. It provides a quiet, harmonious riding experience with minimum pedal resistance (even when switched off). The 250-watt 50Nm motor delivers a smooth maximum assist speed of 20mph
The Bosch Purion is the minimalist on-board computer that lets you choose between five different riding modes, displays your speed, charging status, range, trip distance, and total distance. Plus, it allows you to control the integrated Supernova lights with a push of your thumb, so both hands remain safely on the handlebar.
The Bosch PowerPack 400 watt hour battery is an efficient energy provider with staying power. It combines impressive mileage, a long lifetime and low weight. Easy to install or remove, it can be charged quickly irrespective of the charge level. It will power a range of 30-80miles (50-130km) depending on the mode and terrain.