- Credit Card (American Express, Visa, Mastercard, & Discover)
- Paypal (we will email you an invoice upon request)
- Wire Transfer
- Financing online via Klarna (either 12 months interest-free or 3 years with a 9.99% APR)
- Financing in-store via Synchrony Bank(12 months interest-free)
If another e-bike retailer advertises a lower price, we will match their total cost (the bike itself, shipping & handling, etc) as long as the following conditions are met.
- Some manufacturer agreements prohibit us from offering lower prices – if another company is doing so, they are violating that same agreement.
- The product must be for an identical product – the difference between model years, or size, or modifications can significantly affect the price.
- The company must be based in the US, and they are either offering the product in the US or are prepared to ship it
- They must have the product in stock (i.e. ready to ship or be picked up).
- The lower price must be publicly advertised so that we can look it up.
We invest heavily in helping people make the purchase right for them, and our track record is nearly perfect. In less than 1% of all our e-bike sales, someone requests a return or exchange. We consider these requests on a case-by-case basis, and always do our best to find a solution.
For both returns & exchanges, you will be responsible for any associated shipping costs. You can use a carrier of your choice, or we can assist with making the shipping arrangements.
Shipping / Pick-Up
Delivery times vary for different e-bikes, and we receive weekly updates from manufacturers on availability. We’re working on a way to publish this info on our website in real-time for every e-bike, but in the meantime please contact us to receive a delivery estimate.
We offer several shipping options:
Option #1: pick the bike up from our Brooklyn location (free!)
Option #2: have the bike delivered to you 70% assembled (free!)
Option #3: have the bike delivered to you 90% assembled ($150)
(You can see exactly what assembly is required just below. Rest assured; in both cases it’s very simple.)
Occasionally we are able to personally deliver the bike 100% assembled. We’ve done this as far north as Maine and as far south as Virgina. If this is a possibility, we will let you know.
Once you place your order, our shipping process immediately kicks into gear and we can generally have the bike sent from the warehouse to us within a day or so. There are certain bikes that take longer to ship, either because they’re exclusively built-to-order or they are only shipped to the US periodically. For these e-bikes we’ll always reach out right away to walk you through the specific timing implications and your additional options to speed things up.
Once we receive the shipment, our service team assembles the bike and tests it to make sure it’s in tiptop shape before shipping it onto you. This is also when we would install any additional accessories or modifications you’ve ordered. Once shipped, we’ll send you a tracking number and keep you up-to-date every step of the way.
70% Assembled: If you opt for the free shipping option (70% assembled), this shipping method is free for most bikes and it requires some assembly.
It’s recommended if you have some basic mechanical skills and want to save a few bucks. We’ll still test and tune the bike as we do with all bikes before shipping, but you’ll need to install some items which we have listed below:
- Handlebars: Install the handlebars onto the stem (all cables are attached and adjusted)
- Front Wheel: Install front wheel (most bikes are quick release so it’s usually a quick process)
- Pedals: Install Pedals. Remember there is a left and a right side and the left side is reverse thread, so you’ll need to turn it to the left to tighten it instead of the right like normal. If you need help check out this video.
- Additional Parts: In some cases items like the front fender and other small parts may need to be removed to prevent damage during shipping. These items will also need to be installed upon arrival.*tools required: 4, 5, 6mm Allen Key, 15mm Wrench.
- Note: This should be all you need for most builds, but there may be some special circumstances and our technicians are available to support when you need it. Just reach out to us.
90% Assembled: If you opt for the upgraded shipping option (90% assembled), this shipment method costs $150 in the continental US and it’s our premium shipping option for our distant customers.
The bike arrives with the handlebars and the front wheel installed unlike the shipping method above. We ship the bike in a large box that we had custom made to fit our bikes and it’s the closest to ready to ride we can get it. You’ll just need to perform two main tasks when receiving the bike:
- Handlebars: We turn the handlebars sideways to fit it in the box. You’ll just need to turn them straight and tighten the stem bolts.
- Pedals: Install Pedals. Remember there is a left and a right side and the left side is reverse thread,so you’ll need to turn it to the left to tighten it instead of the right like normal. If you need help check out this video. *tools required: 4, 5, 6mm Allen Key, 15mm Wrench.
- Note:This should be all you need for most builds, but there may be some special circumstances where you need more and our technicians are available to support when you need it. Just reach out to us.
Cargo Bike Shipping: We offer special shipping for cargo bikes to ensure the best possible experience. Where possible we contract with private carriers to wrap and hand delivery the bike. If this is not possible we will wrap the bike and strap it on a custom built pallet where the bike will be delivered freight. The actual cost for delivery is usually much more than the $250 we charge, but we charge this to offset our shipping costs. If you have more questions about this shipping please feel free to reach out.
Local/Fully Assembled: For customers located nearby we do our best to deliver the bike to you in person.
It really depends on availability. We work with several contractors to deliver the bike fully assembled, it’s also not that uncommon for Chris or his father Chris senior to deliver the bike to you personally. If you’re in this radius we’ll work with you to figure out the best way to get the bike to you. We try to deliver the personal touch wherever we can and it’s really great to connect with our customers in person if we can.
If you’d like to learn more about any of our bike shipping options, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Although we would love to assist all customers with the purchase of a Reise & Müller bike our dealer agreement prohibits us from shipping bikes where there is a dealer within 100 miles of the customer. Consumers are allowed to pick bikes up from our store no matter where they are, but we are unable to ship if they are within 100 miles of a dealer. To find the dealer nearest you, we recommend visiting the Riese & Müller dealer locator here.
Support After Purchase
Our bikes have been carefully selected for reliability, especially the electrical components, and have two-year warranties (that are rarely needed). The maintenance required will be no different from that of a regular bike, so your local bike shop (including us if you’re nearby) will be amply equipped to handle it. If you ever have an electrical issue – a big if – and you don’t live nearby, we will still make sure it gets resolved.
Whether you’re local to one of our locations, or you live far away, we will provide support to you for anything you purchase from us. Send us the details and we will get started on a solution right away.
Our (great) support for customers that don’t live near us:
In the unlikely event that there is an issue with your e-bike that did not present itself when we tested it, it will definitely show up within the first six months. For that period of time, we cover all the costs of warranty repairs – shipping, labor, parts – even those that the manufacturer won’t reimburse us for. To be clear: even for warranty labor performed by your local bike shop, we will reimburse you. Of course even after the first six months – in fact, forever! – reach out to us for anything you need and we will make sure it gets resolved.
Our (great) support for customers who live nearby:
Please bring your bike in (at no charge) within the first six months or 500 miles, whichever comes first. This gives us a chance to complete a full tune-up and confirm that the bike is performing as expected. We also cover all the costs of warranty repairs for the entire duration of your two-year warranty – shipping, labor, parts – even when the manufacturer does not reimburse us. We charge $80/hr. for labor for anything not covered by the warranty, but most things we can take care of very quickly, often over the phone or email to save you a trip and some cost. Please reach out to us before bringing your e-bike in.
We only sell pedal-assist e-bikes, in part because they are treated as legal everywhere in the US (based on our experience to date), even in places where they technically are not. In our home base, for example, New York City pedal-assist bikes are considered legal, and throttle e-bikes will be targeted by the police. European authorities have made the same distinction, and this seems to be the direction US legislators & regulators are moving at the federal, state, and local levels. While you should do your own research about your local legislation, pedal-assist bikes are the most widely accepted electric bikes and you can usually ride them anywhere you can a traditional bike.
People for Bikes has put together a great guide worth checking out if you want to learn more.