Tern NBD S5i is a new product arriving early Q1/2023.
Small in size but big on smiles, the Tern NBD S5i is an easy-to-ride, ultra-low step e-bike that’s comfy and welcoming—just like your favorite bike should be. Whether you’re a seasoned rider or just thinking about your first e-bike, or whether you’re doing a quick grocery run or setting off on a new adventure with your kid, the NBD will bring a smile to your face.
What Makes it an S5i?
- Bosch Performance Line motor provides up to 65 Nm of torque and 300% support
- Bosch PowerPack 500 powers longer trips, commutes, and journeys
- Gates belt drive for clean, quiet, maintenance-free operation
- Shimano® Nexus 5-speed internal hub
- Magura MT4 hydraulic disc brakes for superior stopping power—even when carrying a passenger and riding fast
- Ultra-low 39 cm (15.4”) standover height means gentle, low steps are all that’s required to get on and go
- Ultra-low center of gravity improves balancing and maneuvering when riding with kids through parks and narrow streets
- Fits riders 147 – 190 cm (4’10” – 6’3″)
- Gaia Rack is certified to carry up to 27 kg (60 lbs) and works with many child seats
- Proven safe and reliable: frame and fork have undergone the EFBE Tri-Test to the 140 kg (309 lbs) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight