In some situations people simply need more hand positions. Employing the much proven ergonomic grip body of the GP1, the Ergon GP5 Grips introduces a hollow formed composite reinforced ergonomically shaped bar end. Featuring rubberized inserts for positive grip, like all of Ergon’s bar ends, it can be independently positioned relative to the grip and acts as the clamp preventing accidental rotation. The grip itself is available in two sizes. The GP5 is Ergon’s largest barend offering.
- Barend size multi-position, 110mm
- Barend made of lightweight Nylon-Composite (GFK) with rubber inserts
- Compatible with bar-plug style mirrors.
- German made rubber compound, latex free, UV stable.
- Right and Left specific grips.
- Available in 2 sizes.
- Available in 3 shifter styles/configurations.
- NOT compatible with carbon handlebars
Offered in Small or Large, this is the thickness of the grip in hand. The Small and Large are the same length and have the same wing size. The only difference is the thickness of the grip in hand. Riders with smaller hands are best to choose the Small size. Riders with large hands are an ideal fit to the Large size. Ultimately, choice of size is a rider personal preference.
Standard: 2 full length grips
GripShift: 2 short grips
Nexus/Rohloff: 1 full length Left grip, 1 short Right grip
Why bar ends?
Bar ends offer the rider additional hand positions. Bar ends also allow greater leverage when pulling on the handlebars. Ergon offers its bar ends in various length to suit the demands of all riders.