The Abus Granit 640 U-Lock is slightly wider than its predecessor, the Futura 64, and is capable of locking around reinforced parking meters despite its compact size. It also features an array of security upgrades making this our highest security mini u-lock (12 out of 15). The Abus Granit 640 U-Lock is made of temper hardened steel in the shackle, case and supporting elements of the lock mechanism as well as other weight-optimized alloys. This results in a lock that is lightweight and strong. The upgraded locking mechanism now bolts four times into the lock body (two times per shackle side) providing excellent protection against twisting/torsion attacks and requiring thieves to cut both sides of the shackle in order to steal the bike while still offering great user “feel” and comfort when locking.
- 12mm, hardened steel round shackle
- Shackle, case and supporting elements of the locking mechanism are made of special hardened steel
- Shackle double bolts in lock body and features industry-leading corrosion resistance
- Very intensive use of special weight-optimized alloy and light materials
- The soft-touch coating feels good in the hand and protects paint job from damage
- ABUS Plus cylinder offers high protection against picking