Stromer ST1 Elite
The Stromer ST1 Platinum has one of the sleekest designs out there with an extremely smooth & bicycle-like ride to match.
The Stromer ST1 Elite has one of the sleekest designs out there with an extremely smooth & bicycle-like ride to match. With exclusively high-quality components, a 500W motor, regenerative braking, and torque sensor pedal assist, Stromer has planted its flag firmly in the higher end of the e-bike market. It differs primarily from the Stromer ST1 Platinum in that the motor is optimized for torque rather than speed, making it especially well-suited for climbing hills. It’s a great fit for street-riding and mild trails.
Brakes: The Stromer ST1 Elite comes with hydraulic disc brakes, which is the most advanced type of brake system available. In addition to providing the greatest stopping power, hydraulic disc brakes allow for degrees of braking power instead of all or nothing. The Elite’s brakes are also regenerative, so the battery is recharged every time you brake. This increases the bike’s range by about 20%.
Colors: The Stromer ST1 Elite comes in black, and white.
- Design: The Stromer ST1 Elite was designed in Switzerland. The frame has an extremely sleek, clean, futuristic aesthetic.
- Hidden battery: The Elite’s battery is integrated into the downtube of the frame. This improves the bike’s balance and offers greater protection to the battery. It also makes it harder to tell that it’s an electric bike, making the bike more attractive to the eye and less attractive to bike thieves.
- Purpose-built: The frame is purpose built, which means it was designed from scratch to be an electric bike by building the battery into the frame. This hides the wiring and offers greater protection to the battery & controller.
- Frame style: The Stromer ST1 Elite comes comes in a diamond and step-through design. It is mainly an aesthetic choice. The diamond design includes a top-tube makes the frame slightly stronger, and the step-through design makes it a bit easier to get on and off the bike.
- Top Speed: Presumably for legal purposes, the manufacturer advertises the top speed as 20 mph. This is a lowball estimate for most. On the highest level of pedal assist with heavy pedaling, the Stromer ST1 Elite can reach upwards of 25 mph.*
- Drivetrain: The Stromer ST1 Elite has a 9-speed drivetrain.
Sizing Options: Consistent with Stromer’s commitment to creating an extremely high-quality product, the Elite comes in two different models ensuring it will be a perfect fit.
Suspension: The Stromer ST1 Elite comes with a carbon front fork providing all the suspension needed for street-riding.
Tires: The Stromer ST1 Elite comes with Big Ben Schwalbe tires. These thick, extremely high-quality tires provide a fair amount of cushioning. The tread works well for street-riding and mild trails.
Warranty: Stromer offers an industry-leading warranty: 10 years on the frame and 3 years on everything else.
Accessories: The Elite now comes standard with the city accessory package that includes front & rear lights, fenders, and a customized rear rack. We have a lot of experience outfitting bikes with additional accessories, so be sure to reach out if you need anything else.
*Range & top speed will always vary depending on use of the throttle, the pedal assist setting, how much you pedal, the type of terrain, and the rider’s weight.
Big Ben Schwalbe
Industry-leading warranty: 3-year or 750-full-charge-cycle warranty for the Stromer high-tech battery, 2-year warranty for the motor, and 10-year warranty on the frame.
Carbon front fork
Up to 40 miles
500W (749W peak)
36V 14.5Ah lithium-ion
Regenerative MT2 hydraulic disc brakes
Pedal Assist Only + Boost Mode
Commuter & Urban, Sport & Performance
Stromer ST1 Elite Electric Bike
Battery: The ST1 Elite comes with a purple-colored 36V 11.5Ah lithium-ion battery. The 36V 14.5Ah battery that comes with the Platinum model is also compatible.
Motor: The Stromer ST1 Elite has a 500W motor optimized for torque and acceleration, making it unusually effective at climbing hills. If you will be bicycling in a hilly area or are a heavier rider, the Elite may be a better choice than the Platinum.
Riding Modes: Significantly, Stromer has removed the throttle leaving only the option for pedal assist. While throttle will be important to some, this allows for a very pure cyclist experience. It requires pedaling but the powerful assist options still allow the rider to regulate their exercise intensity.
Range: The Stromer ST1 Elite’s battery has a range of 20 – 40 miles.*